Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Our work covers a range of sectors, including Health, Governance and Social Protection and Livelihoods Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding, Stabilisation, Humanitarian Assistance, Climate Change, Private Sector Development. We specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and our work ranges from designing MEL systems for multi-million pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world.
We have a proven track record across all areas of governance and our portfolio predominantly comprises projects which focus on empowerment and accountability, anti-corruption initiatives, public administration reform and citizen led approaches to governance strengthening. In addition, we have scope to engage in projects focusing on rule of law, and access to justice. Our work is increasingly in fragile and conflict affected states and this is an area where we are seeing the most demand.
Within our governance portfolio, we provide a range of services, including:
· Technical support to the development and implementation of M&E systems and acting as an evidence and learning partner on large scale governance programme implementation. For example, under the DFID funded Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL) in Nigeria, and DFID’s Supporting Partnerships for Accountability and Civic Engagement (SPACE) in Myanmar.
· Design, management and implementation of a range of summative evaluations (e.g. the evaluation of the anti-corruption programme in the Caribbean), formative evaluations (e.g. formative evaluation of the Hewlett Foundation’s Transparency, Participation and Accountability strategy), and portfolio evaluations (e.g. the DFID Empowerment and Accountability Macro Evaluation)
· Design of governance projects (e.g. formulation of the Democratic Governance Facility for Danida in Uganda), value for money assessments and cost benefit analysis, (e.g. for example Diagnostic framework for Value for Money in governance and conflict programmes), and implementation of research programmes (e.g. the DFID Empowerment and Accountability Research Programme)
We work extensively with the UK Department for International Development (DFID), both in the UK and overseas, have a growing private foundation portfolio and are seeking to expand our work with other UK Government Departments and multilaterals.
Responsibilities will include:
· Providing technical inputs to successfully support the design and delivery of multiple monitoring and evaluation (M&E) assignments covering:
§ Developing project and programme M&E / results reporting systems
§ Assisting in undertaking independent external evaluations
· Engaging in Itad's continued work to develop innovative methodologies in this area and contributing to enhancing Itad’s reputation as a ‘thought leader’ in M&E in supply and demand-side governance through the generation and dissemination of new knowledge, including developing materials for publication.
· Supporting business development within the governance theme by contributing to the preparation of technical and financial proposals for new work and by marketing Itad to prospective clients and partners.
This role is for a fixed term maternity leave cover of 9 months, starting as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will draw on their proven track record of at least 4+ years in M&E consulting and be able to quickly develop strong working relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders. They will have the ability to provide high quality technical inputs and manage projects with internal and external resources.
The salary scale for this role is up to £38K plus benefits
Application is via CV and covering letter with a closing date of Feb 22nd 2018 and we would like the selected candidate to start as soon as possible.
For non-EU applicants: If you are a non-EU National then please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.