Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. We specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) and our work ranges from designing MERL systems for multi-million pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world. Our MERL work covers a range of sectors, including Private Sector Development, Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding, Climate Change, Health, Governance and Social Protection and Livelihoods.
The Business Development Administrator role supports in the process of finding work and developing proposals, working with the Business Development Manager, the Business Development Team and consultants.
Your work and specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the preparation and submission of tenders (expressions of interest and proposals)
- Coordinating the bidding process and preparing bid templates
- Liaising with external consultants – obtaining CVs, fee rates and information on their availability and keeping them informed of project status
- Ensuring the CV database is maintained and efficient
- Communicating with partner organisations – obtaining required documentation from partners and in cases where they are leading the bid, providing required documentation
- Liaising with clients – obtaining clarifications and further information concerning a bid when required
- Compiling project experience, formatted CVs and capability statements for bids
- Working with consultants to prepare budgets and workplans
- Formatting final documents and ensuring they are bound and presented in accordance with client stipulations
- Ensuring agreed Quality Assurance Processes are adhered to
- Ensuring EOIs and proposals are submitted on time
- Working with the BD team to ensure information relevant to the business development process is available and shared efficiently & effectively within the company
- Maintaining company database of projects, proposal texts, consultants and partners
- Developing & enhancing internal systems for communication
General Administrative Support
This role works within the Business Development Team for four days per week and within the Business Operations Pool one day per week. What this means is the opportunity to work across the business providing high level administrative support where needed
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong academic background in a relevant subject area
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good administrative and organisational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise within a busy workload
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Initiative to work with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent desktop skills, with specific strengths in Excel and Word
- Academic background and interest in development issues
- Experience of business acquisition/proposal writing
- Ability to review and summarise complex documents
The closing date for applications is August 10th and we will be interviewing successful candidates shortly afterwards.
If you are a non-EU national, please refer to the UK Border Agency Website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.